This is this.

My photo
Prairie girl with a west coast future.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 1 - Felines

This one is easy, so I'm starting with it.

I love my cats.

Right now, I'm not ashamed to admit that my life revolves around the two four legged residents who live in my townhouse.

Let me introduce them.

Here is Mortimer:



He is a silver striped tabby. And he is large. He weighs roughly the same as a small whale.

He is often belligerent and judgemental.

He can usually be found either:

1. Rolling on the ground exposing his belly
2. Sleeping
3. Eating
4. Napping
5. Resting
6. In a zen state of meditation that looks like sleeping to the untrained eye

This is Io:



Named after a tragic Greek heroine, Io is the smaller of the two cats. She is also less "intellectually inclined", as it were.

She is loud. Very loud.

She makes a variety of noises and tends to harass all members of the household, including (and most especially) Mortimer.

And I'm feeling happy! So the experiment, so far, is a success.

1 comment: